Founder Gray Craig says at the beginning of his EFT manual:
“Perhaps I should be humble about it, but I think EFT will dramatically change your world. I will go further and say that these… are a ‘Declaration of Independence’ because they bring you
- Freedom from negative emotions
- Freedom from years of self-doubt or grief
- Freedom to earn a greater income
- Freedom from anxiety
- Freedom to express love easily
- Freedom from intense fears and phobias”
Doesn’t that sound great? Most people would pay a large amount of money if they thought all those kinds of things in their life could disappear simply and quickly. Well, it is my experience and the experience of many practitioners of EFT that you CAN free yourself relatively quickly without pills or hours of re-living your life story.
But, what is it?
EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Techniques. It is the simple act of tapping in sequence around acupressure points on your body. In doing this, we access our meridian channels (the energy systems innate in our bodies) and, in combination with words we use to describe the situation causing us pain or emotional ‘stuckness’, we access and then free it up.
Why am I using EFT with my patients?
I absolutely love EFT. My life has been changed radically by the shifts that EFT has facilitated. Some of these I have done for myself but most have been under the expert guidance of a practitioner. We can do loads for ourselves but really deep shifts often need supportive guidance. I have trained in EFT in order to bring that supportive change to my patients.
I strongly believe that the majority of the physical ill-health I see in my consulting room has been triggered/worsened by an emotional event. That event may not even feature high up your radar anymore or it might be a constant presence. Either way, I believe that when we are suffering emotionally, many other aspects of our well-being suffer too. Let’s take the example of how strong emotions affect our sleep:
- When we are stressed, grieving, worried we tend not to sleep as well. We might struggle to go to sleep, stay asleep, wake too early or have difficulty in waking up.
- When we don’t sleep well, we feel terrible because most of our physiological functions are negatively affected.
- When we haven’t slept well, we crave the false boosts of junk-y foods with false highs and caffeinated drinks.
- When our bodies are fed with ‘junk’ they don’t have the nutrients they need to carry out the requirements we put on them.
- Then we feel low and dispirited on top of whatever psychological stress we were already feeling.
- If not sleeping carries on for a while, it can turn into a habit and before we know it, sleep is no longer our restorative friend.
We can try a dozen things but having a simple and easy tool to assist in reducing adrenaline, lowering cortisol and letting go into the escape of sleep can be as simple as tapping on parts of our bodies! Honestly, it really can.
It is my experience both for myself and my clients that EFT can release the strong emotions which put us into a cycle such as the one outlined above and allow us to trust that we can sleep again and begin to look towards sleep as a daily ally.
In using EFT, my own changes include becoming more aware of my own needs and acting gently on them, of taking better care of myself (sleep, self-care, food) and being kinder to myself. These changes have led to a much better day-to-day life for me and for my family.
It is also my experience that EFT can de-fuse the strong emotions which have begun the cascade from one or two health niggles to full-blown intolerable symptoms/disease state. Combine that with addressing the symptoms and underlying pathological aspects with herbal medicines, we create a winning team.
Try before you buy – Tap with me video
If you would like to have a go and see what tapping with me is like, watch this simple video where I show you the points and talk about how to tap.
Why see me?
Of course, it is a brilliant self-care tool and you can do EFT for yourself. But, it’s quite likely that if you’re reading this, that you’ve not yet got round to it or you have been putting it off. Maybe you feel unsure about how to do it. Maybe you don’t know which words to say. Perhaps you feel afraid of what you might uncover. And, maybe you just prefer to have the support of a professional who views it from the outside.
Whatever the reason, I would love to get you started on your EFT journey.
Cost* of EFT sessions alone
Single or 1st session: £105 – ideal to introduce EFT and explore a simple issue
- A first session is around 90 mins involving starter questions to help find the root of the issue.
- Where relevant, you will receive a tapping plan with phrase suggestions to use at home based on the content of the session.
PAYG sessions after 1st session: £80 After the first one, ensuing sessions are 60 mins.
- Course of 3 sessions: £225 (after 1st)
- Course of 6 sessions: £445 (after 1st)
- Course of 10 sessions: £735 (after 1st)
*Prices correct as of July 2021
Contact me to ‘Tap it all out’ and change your life.