“Sleep – the most beautiful experience in life”W. C. Fields
I love my sleep. I love to sleep deep and sleep long. After 4 years of poor sleep, I felt like I was broken and would never sleep again. Before that, there were decades of deliberate sleep deprivation from going to bed too late… I am now re-born as a hardened sleep addict! It’s wonderful.
My new event, Sleepy Sessions are designed to bring you to my wonderful world of gloriously refreshing, deep and nourishing sleep. After all, good sleep is the best tonic for pretty much every ailment.
What we will do
Group tapping on all sleep issues you might be experiencing eg
- Not getting off to sleep quickly
- Waking after an hour or two
- Racing thoughts, crazy dreams, fears about being asleep eg ‘off guard’
- Waking early and not going back off
- Being easily woken by noises
- Night-time weeing
Didn’t see your specific sleep issue there? Not to worry, we’ll cover whatever is bothering you too.
We’ll also tap on how poor sleep is affecting our days:
- Dragging through treacle
- Grumpy/Irritable/Rude/Angry/Volatile – any of and more like this
- ‘Can’t be bothered’ feelings
- It’s all too much/hard/effort
- Making un-healthful food choices
- Lacking concentration – worried about driving
This list is also not exhaustive but we’ll tap out whatever is there for us.
Breath and Chakra music
After the tapping, we will do 15m of breathing exercises. Nasal breathing in time to (recorded) violin music… played by me! Each bow stroke will be long, smooth, slow and steady; just how we’ll aim to get our breathing.
Chakras are repsented by the musical notes C-D-E-F-G-A-B and I will play the note of each chakra several times, working up our bodies from root to crown. Each bow stroke will be a breath. Each note change will be a chakra change.
This breathing technique is a great way to get really relaxed allowing your body systems to slow right down. Perfect for drifting your way into sleep.
What do I do?
I suggest that you brush your teeth, go to the loo, get your pyjamas on and get super comfy – maybe even in bed (set a timer to switch off your phone automatically), so that you can drift into a deep sleep at the end.
I really look forward to sending you to sleep.
How to book
- Email: email@example.com to book your place and receive bank details for payment
- Fees: £10 per person
- When: 8.30-9.30pm
- Fortnightly Thursdays: 17th June, 1st July, 15th July, 29th July, 12th August, 26th August 2021 etc.